Sunday 4 March 2012

The Perks of Being a Wallflower.



The book itself.
  The Perks of Being a Wallflower is an epistolary novel written by Stephen Chbosky; based upon a series of events in an alias called Charlie's life who writes to an anonymous person of whom he does not know. The story explores topics such as introversion and the awkward times of adolescence. The book also touches briefly on drug use and Charlie's experiences with it. As the book progresses, various works of literature and film are referenced and their meanings discussed.
 I read this book in 2004 and since then it has laid heavily upon my mind because of the truthful descriptions of his real life. I adore this book and despite it not being a traditional book I find the references to my own life at the time beyond comprehension and recently The Perks of Being a Wallflower has resumed itself into my life. The novel is being made into a film with Emma Watson starring as one of the main roles; surrounded by gossip I cannot wait to see the film itself!

The film is set to be released in September 2012, I am very excited and cant wait to see what adaptation director Stephen Chbosky has done with the written documents into cinematic movement and acting.


 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1659337/

No comments:

Post a Comment